Starting in Mid-April 2014, my wife and I took a six week, one night a week course on backpacking, taught by members of the Intermountain Alpine Club (IMAC) at the REI store in Kennewick, Washington. Each night after class, I created a list of keywords to capture the topics each of the speakers emphasized each week. The course was a remarkable educational experience. I then incorporated the keywords for the course into a Search Word Pro ebook dedicated to hiking and created this ebook. The book includes:
• Getting Started – The Basics
• Getting in Shape for Hiking and Backpacking
• Wilderness Medicine
• Cooking, Food & Water
• Compasses, GPS, Maps and Apps
• Packs, Bags, Pads & Gear
• Trip Planning & Preparation
• Weather Forecasts and Apps
• Hiking Clubs and Organizations in Washington
To this I added hiking opportunities in the state of Washington. I included hiking trails in:
• 3 National Parks
• 8 National Forests and National Monuments
• 31 Wilderness Areas
• 28 Waterfall Trails
• 12 Beach Hikes
• 3 Wild and Scenic River Trails
• National Trail System Hiking Trails in Washington State
• over 160 Popular Hiking Trails in Washington by Region
• along with Washington State Parks, Natural Resources sites and County Parks as well.
This ebook is designed to be a comprehensive tool for trip planning, outdoor recreation, and wild land use and enjoyment.
PDF file available here!